Wednesday, 21 August 2019

Confetti Madness.

Happy hump day everyone. Hope you're all doing well. hope the week is treating you well. We've had a productive and fun week so far, walked over 10 miles in two days and now we're off for yet another family adventure today. Full disclosure, I'm writing this post at 10pm Tuesday night and that is just because we are heading out early today. As to where we're going, that's undecided at the time of writing this. We're supposed to be going to the beach but we've had mixed weather reports. One says there's a 57% chance it's going to rain and another that says it isn't going to rain at all. So we're deciding in the morning. If we don't go to the beach, we'll be going to The Ice-Cream Farm in Chester instead. Either way, I should have a post out on Friday detailing the fun we had today.

Today's post however, is about the fun and eventful day we had on Monday. We had a slow start to the day but come 1:30pm, we were ankles deep in confetti. Jordan and I took the kids to the Confetti Room in town and we had so much fun. Flynn got so excited the moment he saw the room that he tried desperately to get in and he did not want to wait for our session. Once in there he squealed his little head off and literally rolled around in the confetti. Vala filled buckets with the confetti and had a blast tipping them all over Jordan, Flynn and myself. We were covered from head to toe. Flynn had them down his shirt and in his pants, Vala and I had them in our hair and Jordan had a hood full. We took so many photos in there and quite a few videos and genuinely had a great time. It's funny to think that something as simple as thousands of small pieces of tissue paper, blowing around a room thanks to 6 small fans, could provide so much joy and entertainment. The biggest down point is the fact each session is only 15 minutes long. The kids definitely could have stayed in that small room for well over and hour. Heck, I honestly could imagine them staying in there for a whole two hours if they'd eaten and empty their bladders before we got in there. Honestly, I didn't want to leave at the end of our session either. Seeing the kids have that much fun, makes me feel so happy. It was the second time that Vala and I had been in there but Jordan and Flynn's first. Not sure we'll get chance to get all four of us in there again before it closes for good in ten days but I would definitely like to get Flynn in there at least one more time. He loved it so much.

After the Confetti Room, something pretty big happened. Big and totally unplanned for. Next to the Confetti Room is a Claire's accessory store and there was a woman doing ear piercings at the entrance. Vala saw this and asked to have her ears pierced. I thought she was only asking because she saw another little girl getting hers done but it also isn't the first time she'd asked to have them done. Jordan, her dad on a video call and myself all had long talks with her to determine if she was 100% sure that she wanted to get it done. She said she was. I made her watch three other girls that were in the line before her and two of those three cried and screamed a little. I honestly thought that would be enough to put Vala off but when it was her turn, she sat in the chair with a nervous smile on her face. Rebecca, the woman doing the piercings, was absolutely wonderful with Vala. She made her laugh, totally relaxed her and made the whole experience fun and stress-free. I held Vala's hands and made funny faces at her as Rebecca and another employee pierced Vala's ears. I honestly thought she was going to scream and burst into tears but she barely even flinched and not a single tear was shed. Her eyes didn't even water; she was so brave! I was ecstatic seeing how well she did. I had the biggest smile on my face and praised her endlessly. She was beaming with pride and couldn't wait to see her new pretty pink sparkly earrings in her ears. She was given a lollipop and a cardboard tiara as well and basically, her day was made. She loves her earrings and loved showing them off to everyone she could. I thought seeing her with earrings in would be weird and something I'd have to get used to but seriously, they look so normal on her that I feel like she's had her ears pierced for a lot longer than just two days. Of course now I have the fun task of cleaning them multiple times a day but this is what she wanted. I thought about implementing my mums rule of no ear piercings until you're ten but honestly, I feel like Vala is already of the age where she knows what she wants and can make decisions about her own life. If she told me she wanted to start dancing or to stop swimming, we'd listen and let her do either of those things, so why should something like getting her ears pierced be any different? We made sure that she was 100% before we let her go through with it and at the end of the day, she's really happy with them and that makes me happy. They do really suit her too.

So that was our Monday. We did also go to my best friends new house for dinner that night. It was so relaxing and really just the perfect ending to an already great day. Yesterday we went for a long 7 mile family walk and had some lunch together and did a teeny bit of shopping and whilst we all came home sore, that was a fun day too. This week has been great and I know we're going to have a great day today and tomorrow Jordan has a job interview so hopefully there are more good things to come. This week has just been great and we're only half way through it. Here's to the rest of the week!

Until next time,
Alli xo


Post a comment